1. The weather. There is just no reason for every day to be 80% + humidity. It's like living in a fucking jungle. When I was out running this morning and pushing the stroller, this is pretty much how I felt:
2. My clothes. I hate them all, but I don't want to buy any more because I only have two months yet. Some of it is my fault since I'm cheap, but getting through the summer with just two pairs of maternity shorts? Yeah, I don't advise trying that. I want to burn them when I'm done. I actually bought a new pair of maternity bottoms today (Target clearance for the win!) by justifying to myself that I have several friends about my size who haven't had babies yet, so essentially I'm buying THEM a present in the form of a future hand-me-down. First come, first serve ladies, get cracking!
3. People. I seriously hate them all. This isn't isolated to pregnancy, but going out into public now seriously makes me feel ragey inside. The checkout lady at Target was like "You're due on Halloween? Is that bad luck?" Yes lady, because due dates are like appointments and the baby will arrive EXACTLY on that day (plus, I'm actually due November 1st, and I don't know why she thinks those are the same day). Also, the only "bad luck" days to have a baby are when you have it before it's full term. Maybe also Christmas because that kid is going to get shafted its whole life because there is no way you actually get the same amount of presents as other people's birthday and Christmas combined.
It took every remaining bit of my self control to not do this, even though I know the lady was just making friendly conversation:
A large part of my current crankiness is a lack of sleep since I stopped taking the prescription painkiller at night. I'm trying to be patient for Faith, but then I have none left for anyone else (my husband is such a lucky guy). Luckily for everyone, my mood should improve over the next week.
1. It is supposed to cool down. I can't wait for it dip below 80 degrees in my treadmill room (the humidity means we have the dehumidifers running on constant and that makes it hot).
2. We're going to the beach for a week. Who can be cranky at the beach?
Speaking of the beach, I finally get the chance to be that pregnant chick in a bikini at the beach and gross everyone out with my veiny stomach and visible fetal movement. I think I'll repress my urge to ruin people's lunches and stick with my hand-me-down maternity tankini, but it is a fun idea.
Since this whole post is pretty much a pregnancy bitch session, how about we finish it off with a belly shot? I feel like I look exactly the same every time I post one of these, but people still ask to see and I'm a people pleaser.
|32 weeks and I hate Old Navy's "Everything striped!" maternity shirts so much|
I think the next pregnancy phase will be "Childbirth: Do I Have To? I Don't Wanna" or "Holy Crap I Should Get Baby Stuff Ready".
At least I have an adorable first outfit for her.
|Newborn size stuff is like doll clothing|
|These kill me|
Yes, I do realize this won't fit for long, but it was 70% on clearance and I couldn't resist. Faith wore newborn size stuff for like 3 weeks, so I'll just have her wear it as often as possible in that time frame.
What is making you cranky these days? Feel free to vent in the comment section.